Saturday, October 20, 2007

Exciting week

It's always amazing to me that some weeks are so uneventful and others are so full you have a hard time remembering what's happened. This week was a very full one at our house. On Tuesday the kids and I went to Tulsa to look at a rental house in Broken Arrow. No decisions yet, but it has possibilities. On Wednesday my family left to go to Moab for Fall Break and we had the biggest storm since we moved to Oklahoma. It was a little scary for all of us. Mike wasn't home from work yet and it was pouring rain, the wind was really blowing, lots of lightning and thunder, and there was even some hail for about 10 minutes. Then the power went out. It went out at 7:30pm and didn't come back on until 9:30pm. I was so glad that I had called my dad earlier in the day to ask him where the flashlights were and that I had been carrying one around with me when the storm got bad. I don't know how I would have gotten to a flashlight in a pitch black house with 3 scared little kids. Anyways, Mike got home shortly after the power went out and we found some candles and put the kids to bed.

Mike reading Benson and Grace a story with the help of a flashlight (it looks like there was a light on because of the flash, but there really wasn't).

On Thursday the kids and I again went to Tulsa with my Aunt Julie and cousin Jackson. We went to the Aquarium and Chuck E. Cheese's. The kids had a BLAST! They got to feed some sting rays at the aquarium and loved checking out all the different fish. Benson's favorite was the baby snapping turtles. Sabrina enjoyed pushing the big double stroller all over the aquarium. Mike came and met us at Chuck E. Cheese's and when he walked up none of the kids would acknowledge his presence. They were too distracted by everything that was going on around them. It was a very exciting day! On Friday we played outside a lot of the day because the weather was so beautiful. If only it was like that every day. Mike's birthday was on Saturday, but I think I'll do another post for everything we did for his birthday. Here are some pictures from the aquarium.

Benson and Grace helping to put shrimp on the stick to feed the sting rays.

Grace feeding the sting rays (sorry, I know our camera is bad)

Sabrina pushing around the double stroller

Benson and a baby snapping turtle

Jackson, Benson, and Grace in front of some jellyfish

1 comment:

Just a thought... said...

Hey! When did they put in an aquarium in Tulsa? That is so cool! Did Mike tell you that I called to warn him about the storm that was coming? It was all over the news in Houston a day or two before. The day after they posted lots of pictures of the damage that had occured. Glad you were all safe. It brought back lots of memories!!!