Monday, December 10, 2007

Ice, Ice, and more Ice!

I know I grew up in Oklahoma, but I really don't remember freezing rain and ice storms. I'm sure they happened, but I have no recollection of them. Yesterday and today Oklahoma has had LOTS of freezing rain, thunder and lighting, and below freezing temperatures. Brrr! When you look outside everything in sight has a thick coating of ice. Benson was excited to see so many icicles this morning. The weather here really is insane.
Mike went to work this morning and he said that the nice trees that line the road into our neighborhood have all fallen into the road (10+). I was really nervous about Mike driving, but he said the roads aren't that bad. There are many people who don't have power and we are so grateful that we still do, although our power has flickered several times today. The kids and I have just been hanging out at home trying to keep warm. Hopefully it will melt soon!

The tree in our front yard. The little tree in our next door neighbors yard didn't make, it snapped in half and is laying out on the lawn.


The icicles hanging from our porch.

1 comment:

Just a thought... said...

The first day that we arrived in Broken Arrow in 1987 they were having the worst ice storm in the history of the state. We were practically crawling up some of the steeper driveways on our house hunting adventure. At the time I remember thinking we were nuts to be moving to Oklahoma! Some areas were without power/heat for weeks.