Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Indoor Camping

Before Mike came home from work on Friday, we were talking on the phone and I told him that I wanted to go out and do something. We thought about a movie but there weren't any we would take all 3 kids to see. We thought about bowling, but it's actually quite expensive for 5 people. I suggested watching a movie, but Mike came up with a winning idea - indoor camping. On the way home he stopped and bought stuff for S'mores. We set up our tent for the first time (it was a wedding present) in the middle of the living room and the kids were so excited. They had so much fun playing in there together. Then we roasted marshmallows over the kitchen stove and ate delicious S'mores. We tried putting the kids to bed in the tent, but eventually it became apparent that the girls weren't going to fall asleep in there. Benson would have slept in there all night but since we wanted to increase the chances of sleeping in on Saturday morning, we moved him to his bed once he was asleep. It was fun to do something different on Friday night and a good prep for our Ward Camping Trip later on this month!

3 comments:

Lovell Family said...

We went bowling a while ago for something fun and "cheap" to do as a family. When steve told me how much it was I couldn't believe it! Indoor camping sounds like a great idea!

williams family said...

You guys always come up with creative ideas for everything. I'll be sure to consult you next time I need an idea for anything! Looks like fun!

Annie said...

Home camping sounds like a good idea- after packing everything up to go camping earlier this year, I thought we could have had just about the same fun at home. And if it just doesn't work, like you said, you can just get in your bed.