I decided that I needed to record the events of last night because I would never believe what happened 20 years from now. Last night, Mike and I were up late being Santa's helpers (wrapping presents). We have been storing all the gifts in the attic above the garage, so Mike had pulled the van half-way out of the garage and therefore left the garage door open and the stairs up to the attic down while we were inside wrapping. As Mike was putting the wrapped presents back up in the attic, he heard the tinkling of a bell. Confused, he wondered whether the noise was coming from outside or up in the attic. After looking around for a few minutes, he spotted a cat in the attic that had obviously come up while we were inside wrapping presents. He spent several minutes trying to catch the cat, but it kept running underneath the floorboards where he couldn't reach. Inside I heard him talking rather loudly and came out and asked him who he was talking to. I got him a flashlight and he spent 15-20 minutes looking for the stupid cat, not finding it. I finally convinced him that we should just go to bed and we could try and get it down in the morning (if it hadn't already gotten out on its own). As we were getting ready for bed, I checked on the kids one last time and found Sabrina and Grace laying in a pile of Sabrina's throw-up. Definitely one of the drawbacks of the girls sharing a bed. So we had to wake them up out of a sound sleep and give them baths and strip their bed. By the time Mike and I got to bed it was almost 2am. We were so amused by the whole situation, which I guess is better than getting upset. The good news is that all the presents are wrapped and ready to go, so we should be able to get to bed early tonight! Merry Christmas to one and all!
P.S. We still have no idea what happened to the cat. Hopefully it got down while we weren't looking.
No comments:
Post a Comment