Sunday, May 31, 2009

Excuse #2

Last weekend while Mike was home for the Memorial Day holiday he prepared a very fun scavenger/treasure hunt for our kids.

Big News Scavenger Hunt

1: First Clue
Get out the ingredients for pancakes:
Bisquick+syrup+eggs+milk

Taped to each ingredient was a piece of a picture that he had cut up and the next clue.


2: Second Clue
Get out what you need to brush your teeth

Taped to each toothbrush and the toothpaste was a piece of this picture which had been cut up and the next clue.


3: Third Clue
Look under the chairs in the kitchen

Taped under each kitchen chair were these pictures and the next clue.


4: Fourth Clue
Go look in Mommy and Daddy’s Closet!!


I'm guessing that most of you have guessed what our Big News is, but it took a little longer for our kids to figure it out.

In our closet was a piece of paper that said:
Mommy is going to have a baby!! So go give her tummy a smooch! AND baby bottles filled with M&Ms. The M&Ms definitely got a bigger response than the news that we are having a baby.

The news eventually settled in and I think they are all excited about it. Benson and Sabrina want a baby brother, Grace is hoping for a baby sister. Breeny will randomly look at me and say "there's a baby in your tummy," which I think is so cute.

Baby #4 is due December 6th so I am 13 weeks today. We are all very excited. I haven't ever really been sick when I'm pregnant, although I do have a few weeks of tiredness and nausea but I have been over that for a few weeks now. I am definitely grateful that our move is taking place now instead of in a few months.

So that is my excuse #2 for getting behind on things.

8 comments:

Just a thought... said...

We are excited to hear that the official announcement has been made so we can share the good news with everyone. This was way too exciting to have to keep to ourselves for too long. Congratulations again! We can't wait to see this precious little one. Either a boy or girl will be just ...perfect!

Sharon said...

wow---congrats!! I think you must be super-mom!! it is easy to tell from your blog what good parents you are and how devoted you are to your kids!!

Annie said...

Congratulations! I hope things go well with the pregnancy and the move. Those can be very stressful, but I'm sure all will go well. Hang in there on the process of buying a house - it's tough, but worth it.

Logan and Bear said...

Yeah!! Congratulations! I've been wondering if/when there might be a #4 coming along. And this one will be a Native Kansan!

Lovell Family said...

CONGRATS JESSICA!! I'm not sure quite how you do it, and I'm even a little jealous that you make having three kids look so easy! That kiddo number four is very fortunate to be coming to such a wonderful family!

Family of Strength said...

You are awesome. I'm so grateful for mothers like you who bring lots of great kids into the world. Good job Mike, you too make parenting look so fun.

williams family said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you, I know how you love the newborns! Having a baby around Christmastime will be fun, not as hard as I thought it would be last year, and it's a great reminder what the season is all about!

Pam said...

Congratulations! I was so excited to hear. Lousy time to move, but...
You could go early and aim for Chelsea's birthday?
Hope to see you before you leave for the north land.