Sabrina is again challenging us in the sleeping department. She really does still need a nap, but some days I don't feel like fighting with her to get her to take one. Then she usually falls asleep at 3 or 4 or even 5pm and won't go to bed at night. If I keep her up all day like I did on Friday she loses it in the evening and is unbearable to be around. And she has been getting up at night again. We are hoping she is getting it out of her system now, because in 5 weeks she might kill us if she keeps this up.
This picture is actually from the one night last week that she went to bed without any problems and slept all night...go figure. Mike went in to check on her and this was how she was sleeping.

She hasn't fallen out of bed for a long time, but I'm pretty sure she would have that night had we not intervened.
2 comments:
I totally feel for you! Kate started to really fight the naps a week before Dylan was born and it was just in the last couple months that she finally stopped being so tired and grumpy in the evenings and stopped falling asleep in the car. Hopefully she will get it all worked out faster than Kate did. Maybe your baby will be a great little sleeper. Good luck!
Let me know if you come up with any great solutions. Jared does the same thing - sometimes he'll take a nap if I lay down next to him, but usually will not nap. And then we have the sleepy/cranky kid in the late afternoon, early evening... I guess the one thing that I try is not to let him nap longer than about 45 minutes after 4:00pm.
Post a Comment