Monday, November 9, 2009

Three!!

Today our baby turned 3 and on one hand it seems like she's been 3 forever because she acts so old. But on the other hand it seems like just yesterday that Mike and I calmly drove down to Kaiser South Sac for my scheduled c-section that brought Sabrina into this world.

She was so excited about today. She was the first one up (which NEVER happens) and wanted to open her presents. She has been saying for weeks she wants a dollhouse, a puppy, and a ducky. We got her the dollhouse and the puppy which she and Grace spent ALL DAY playing with. They love it. The girls had ballet, I had a doctor appt, and then we spent the rest of the afternoon making Sabrina's dollhouse birthday cake. We chose a dollhouse birthday cake because lately Sabrina has been talking a lot about her yellow house. She will go on and on about who is there (usually it's Grandma and Grandpa), what animals she has there (yellow dog, yellow cat, yellow horse), and all the fun things she does there.

We had some friends over for pizza and cake and ice cream. Sabrina really enjoyed her party and I was glad we decided to do something because originally it was just going to be us.

1 - With her new dollhouse, 2 - Posing in front of her door, she's holding up 3 fingers the only way she can, 3 - Smiling for the camera after ballet, 4 - With her yellow dollhouse birthday cake, 5 - Posing in front of her door again, 6 - Wrapped up in her new blankie that our sweet neighbor Nellie made. She really loves the blanket and the matching little pillow.

Some things of note about Sabrina at age 3:
  • Sabrina is NOT a morning person. It's a good thing she has several years before she starts school. She likes to wake up slowly and take her time with everything in the morning and if you try to rush her, watch out!
  • She just learned how to swing herself on the swings and will swing herself for a long time.
  • Sabrina has taken over Benson's bike (yes, it's that small...he really needs a new one) and figured out how to ride it by herself.
  • Sabrina is SO EXCITED to be a big sister. She talks about the new baby all the time and I know she will be a big helper because she loves playing with and helping to take care of all babies.
  • Sabrina loves to play pretend (ex: her yellow house). It is hilarious to hear her and Grace play with the dollhouse. I had to start ignoring them because I kept thinking they were talking to me and asking me for help, but they were just playing "house".
  • Sabrina is our most sensitive child. It doesn't take much to discipline her and she does not let things go. She also hates it when anyone else is in trouble and will cry and defend whoever it is, even when they are in trouble for hurting her.
  • Sabrina is still our worst sleeper, by far. I'm sure she will be dethroned soon by our new baby. Good times.
  • Favorite color: yellow and blue
  • Favorite food: cereal and yogurt
  • Favorite movie: Blue's Clues and Superbabies Dora
  • Favorite book: "Quack, Quack" - she just told me she has a Quack, Quack book at her yellow house...I have no idea
  • Favorite toy: dollhouse and baby dolls
  • Favorite drink: orange juice (I have been buying orange juice a lot lately and Mike and Sabrina pretty much finish off every gallon with not much assistance)
We sure love our Breeny baby and are grateful for the position she fills in our family. Happy Birthday big girl!

Sabrina's 3rd Year (24-35 months). For more pictures of her life, see here.

4 comments:

Steve said...

Jessica...you're so close to having that new baby of yours!! It's hard to believe Sabrina is three...Your kids are adorable!

Steve said...

this is lisa by the way...steve's got auto sign in, and I need to change it.

Whitney said...

i can't believe how big sabrina is getting-she cracks me up! I hope we can get the chance to see all of ya'll over the break and the new little one 8)

Family of Strength said...

THREE?!!! WOW. very cool Jess. You all are doing so well. Congrats to Breeny and I'm very excited for the upcoming weeks for you!!!