Monday, February 1, 2010

2 months!

It's hard to believe that it's been two months since our little love joined our family. Some things about Jillian at two months of age:
  • She eats about every 3 hours during the day. Most nights she will go 6-7 hours, eat, and then go back to sleep for another 3-4 hours. Not too shabby.
  • She is still a little fussy in the evenings after the other kids are in bed. I think she just wants to make sure she gets her "I'm the only child awake and I want all your attention" time. Very effective.
  • She loves to be held and snuggled. Her favorite position is laying down with her head facing you and snuggled into the crook of your arm. She also really loves the baby sling and Baby Bjorn.

  • Grace can calm Jillian down almost better than Mike can. She has this way of holding her that puts her to sleep. I think it looks uncomfortable, but she apparently likes it.

  • If I had to pick one word to describe her it would be Sleepy. Maybe it's just because it's been a while since I've had a baby, but I swear she is the sleepiest baby. I still feel like I hardly see her some days because she is just napping all day long.
  • She started smiling a few weeks ago but her smiles are getting more frequent and bigger. We see the best smiles when she wakes up the second time in the morning which is usually between 8 and 9am.
  • She doesn't spit up as much as Sabrina did, but she's a close 2nd. The good news is that she is a "happy spitter" like Sabrina was. So the spitting up doesn't seem to really bother her, she doesn't really cry. It's just messy.
  • She prefers the baby swing to the bouncer, which is a first for our family. Everyone else preferred the bouncer.
  • She makes a funny little face we like to call her turtle face ALL the time. She opens her eyes REALLY wide and then puckers her top lip so it looks pointed in the middle. It's hard to describe, I really need to try and take a picture of it.

Here are her stats from her 2 month Dr appt: Weight - 10 lbs, 6 oz (21st percentile), Height - 22.25" (25th percentile), Head - 39cm (38th percentile)


I was looking at the other kid's stats from their 2 month appointments and Jillian is by far our slowest growing baby. She has only gained 2lbs and grown about 2 inches.

Benson was 7lbs, 11oz at birth and at 2.5 months (his appt was 2 weeks late) he was 13lbs

Grace was 5 lbs, 1oz at birth and at 2 months she was 10lbs, 3oz

Sabrina was 7lbs, 11oz at birth and at 2 months she was 12 lbs, 2oz

And here are some of her first laughs!

3 comments:

Just a thought... said...

Awwhhh ... So cute!

The Eve's said...

OH..Jilly is soo cute! I'm so sad that I won't get to see her until shes way bigger..:(. I love her cute little laugh!...and its so funny that Grace and Breeny come and surround you and giggling along with her!

Family of Strength said...

Jessica,
She's adorable! You're right... 2 months already WOW! Great job. When are you having your 5th? :) When you are so good at it don't stop. You have to make up for those of us who can't replenish as well as others! :)