Sunday, March 7, 2010

Growing Up Too Fast

I've noticed over the years that there are times when I look at my kids and think that they look so much older all of a sudden. It especially happens when we have a new baby, the previous baby grows up over night. Well, lately every time I look at Grace I think she looks older.


Grace seriously adds so much spice to our lives. She loves to be silly and crazy and make everyone laugh. If you are familiar with "The Five Love Languages" book, Grace is a big time words of affirmation kid. All we have to do to get Grace to repeat any behavior is tell her how much we appreciate what she's doing or how proud we are of her. She is eager to please. She is our only kid we can effectively punish by sending her to her room. Lately when she is sent there, I can hear her in there yelling "I hate the bed, I hate the door, I hate the blanket" or whatever else crosses her mind. It is hard not to laugh because I so remember feeling and probably acting that way as a little kid/preteen/teenager. Girls are SO emotional from a very young age.

These pictures were taken while we were playing outside the other day. At ballet they have been doing Freeze Dance where they dance until the music stops and they have to freeze. So here are some examples of Grace's Freeze Dance poses. Except there was no music outside, and nobody told her to dance. Crazy girl!

Grace and I fight about her hair on an almost daily basis. I threaten that we are going to cut it off all the time and she always cries and says no way! She is so picky about how it is done and it is just so long, I have to put so much effort into making it look nice. I think we really will cut it off for the summer, but I'm hoping I can convince her that it's a good idea because I don't want to force her.


Here's a little interview I did with Grace around Valentine's Day.


1 comment:

Lovell Family said...

Grace has always looked like a teenager in a preschoolers body to me. She is adorable. Her personality sounds just like Eastons.