I have a few posts I'm working on for Grace's birthday, but in the meantime...
Last night I was up working on said posts (at 12:30am) and I heard a weird noise. After listening for a minute I realized it was one of the kid's trying to open their door without actually turning the knob. It was Grace. She was so sad and saying over and over "I have the flu!" And it was true. So after 45 minutes of cleaning up, we put her back to bed. She's been fine all day, but we were supposed to go on our first field trip for the Field Trip Playgroup that I'm attempting to get going. Bummer for us.
About 11am I realize Sabrina's laying on the rocking chair, looking like she's going to fall asleep. Never a good sign when she wants to take a nap before noon. She's running a fever.
So we read some books, play a game, watch a movie and by 3pm I'm losing my mind because they are all going CRAZY. So what do I do? I send them outside to play in the water - fever, stomach flu and all. Because really some days it's just about whatever will get you through the day.
Aftermath on the patio
Laying out on the front porch
P.S. This is one of those things that I would have said that I would NEVER EVER do
BEFORE I had kids.


2 comments:
don't you love those moments of "I would never do..." an then you do :)
You poor guys ...enough with the flu already!!! Hope everyone feels better soon.
Post a Comment