Monday, June 4, 2007

Making cupcakes...

On Saturday we went to the mall so that Mike could get his haircut and I could return some things. Benson LOVES the mall. His favorite part is going to Pottery Barn Kids and playing with all the toys. He and Grace could play there for hours if we would let them. All three of the kids were actually pretty good and it was an enjoyable outing (they aren't always). Then we spent the rest of Saturday as we usually do, cleaning, grocery shopping, ironing for Sunday, etc.
Sabrina has been sleeping through the night for almost a week now which has been great. On Sunday morning she was the first to wake up and I fed her in bed. After she was done eating Mike was sitting up in bed burping her and she spit up the largest amount we have EVER seen. We had to wash our bedspread, sheets, mattress pad, Mike had to shower, Sabrina needed a bath, it was a mess. Then when Grace got up her diaper had leaked all over so we had to wash all of her bedding too. So we had to do 3 loads of laundry on Sunday. Thankfully the rest of the day was much more uneventful.
Benson becomes more helpful with Sabrina every day. We went to the park this morning and when we came home I was busy trying to get lunch going and I had left Sabrina in her car seat. I called for Benson to come eat his lunch and he said "I'm playing with the baby." I had assumed that Sabrina was just happy in her car seat, but as soon as Benson left her side I knew she had only been happy because he was playing with her. Then this afternoon I was working on my FHE lesson and the kids were watching a movie when Sabrina started fussing. Benson immediately got up and went over to the toy basket and held up a toy for Sabrina and said "Do you want to play with this toy?" It really makes my life easier when he helps out and Sabrina just adores him.
Tonight after Mike came home from work Grace was going crazy. She had her swimsuit over her shoulder like a purse and kept trying to put things in it, which didn't work because her swimsuit has holes. She was running around in circles talking and singing non-stop, and nothing we did would get her to stop. I'm sure I will eventually be glad for her persistence, but none of us were today.
Our FHE tonight was about baptism. We spelled out baptism on the wall with letters I had printed out on the computer and each letter stood for a different aspect of baptism, for example "M" stood for making covenants. After I was all done with my lesson we were asking Benson questions about baptism to see if he had gotten anything out of it and he said with baptism we make cupcakes. I just keep telling myself we are planting little seeds, so small we can't even see them...

No comments: