Monday, May 19, 2008

The Happiest Place on Earth...

The Kiddie Park! I guess I should have said the Happiest Place on Earth...in Oklahoma, actually probably just in Bartlesville, but you get the idea. On Friday we took the kids to the Kiddie Park for the first time this year (click here for last year's trip). We learned lots of new things while we were there:
1. It is much more enjoyable to go to the Kiddie Park in May than August!
2. Benson is deathly afraid of clowns. If a clown came within 30 yards of him he would stop dead in his tracks and insist on being carried until they were at a safe distance (out of sight). On the rides that were close to where the clowns congregated he was eyeing them the whole time.
3. Grace goes through a myriad of emotions on any given ride. She would go from laughing and enjoying the ride to crying and screaming in one rotation.
4. Mommy is mean and enjoys watching Grace go through her myriad of emotions. While she was riding the airplanes the girl running the ride asked if she wanted to get off and I said "no, she'll be fine." Then the girl stopped the ride for another screaming kid and asked me again if she wanted to get off and I said "no, she's fine." She eventually was fine because Benson held her hand and I think she did enjoy at least the end.
5. Sabrina is not a big fan of the rides, but she LOVES snocones. I got some ice cream thinking that she would like that better, but she devoured the snocone. She got so cold, but that didn't stop her.
6. It is SO much easier to go to places like the Kiddie Park when there is one adult for every child. THANKS Aunt Chelsea!

Riding the boats

Still riding the boats (it's impossible to get all 3 to look at the same time for a picture)

Benson and Grace holding hands in the airplane

Grace's favorite ride. She asked to go on this one (she had to be forced to go on most of the others) and while she was waiting impatiently for her turn she had already decided that she had to ride the purple one!

Daddy and Sabrina on the train

Mommy, Grace, Aunt Chelsea and Benson on the train

Snocones and popcorn, what could be a better way to end the evening?

4 comments:

Just a thought... said...

I agree with Benson ...clowns are creepy! Grace you are so brave! You are lucky to have such a sweet, big brother to hold your hand when you get scared. I can't wait to see all of you this week. Have a safe trip.

Lovell Family said...

That looks like kid paradise...who needs disney land when you've got that?

Unknown said...

oh the memories of kiddie park! I love that you kept Grace on the airplanes. Ha ha I would've too...

Grete said...

Dude, I'm with Benson on the clown fear. They are creepy.

Kiddie Park! I don't think I've been there since I was little enough for the rides... it'd be interesting to see it now. :)