Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Swimmer Babies

The kids and I (actually I should say the kids, my sisters, the wonderful and helpful aunts that they are, and I) have been swimming TONS already this summer . Benson picked right up where he left off last year and has been very independent in the water. We put his floaties on and he does his own thing. Grace started out refusing to wear floaties and being very hesitant to even get in the water. When she did get in, someone had to hold her close the entire time. I'm happy to say that she has now progressed to almost Benson's level of independence in the water. I want my kids to be good swimmers, especially because I'm not. I was bummed because the kids have to be 5 to do swimming lessons without an adult around here, but I think Ben and Grace are doing great even without lessons. Here is some video of them swimming. The first two clips are of Benson in the kiddie pool when we were in Houston over Memorial Day. He just started putting his head in the water all on his own. The last clip is of Grace and Ben on Tuesday.
And here's a few pictures, just for fun.
Aunt Sarah and Grace
Benson swimming like a fish (notice his fish face)
Grace wearing the sunglasses that I bought her as a baby that we still actually have and still fit!

No comments: