We were supposed to show up early before the reception to take pictures, but of course none of us anticipated 5pm traffic on a Friday in Salt Lake, so we were all late. My family is obviously getting used to all this wedding stuff because even though we were all running late noone was acting stressed at all. It was so nice! My other favorite part about the reception center is that it has beautiful backgrounds for pictures, as you can see.

1. Grandpa and Breeny 2. Mary Kate (Matt and Chelsea's niece) and Gracie 3. The bridesmaids: Sarah, Kelsi, Jenny, and Holly - my mom spent many hours on their dresses, they were originally strapless and long so she shortened them, added the peach accents and sleeves, VERY impressive work Mom! 4. Uncle John and the girls trying to escape from the picture taking 5. Aunt Chelsea and the nieces and nephews, bless them for even trying to take this picture 6. Aunt Chelsea and the nephews - Benson and Logan 7. The siblings 8. The people who started it all - my mom and dad, doesn't my dad look fancy in his brown tux? 9. Our family picture - I used Photoshop to merge 3 pictures into the best looking family picture we've probably ever taken!
There was a chocolate fountain, just like at Kathleen and Bryce's reception. We all enjoyed it, but I think Benson was the biggest fan. It seemed like every time we looked away he was sneaking more treats. He even tried the cinnamon bears TWICE, spitting them out both times because they were too hot. Silly kid. (If you want to see video of Ben with the cinnamon bears, check out my sister Kathleen's blog).
Once things started dying down downstairs, we brought the kids down for some fun. We danced, blew bubbles, and had lots of fun playing around. It was a great party!

1. Grace and Daddy dancing 2. Benson with his drink 3. Uncle Paul spinning Grace 4. Sarah, Emily, and Jenny 5. Grandma and Breeny 6. Aunt Molly spinning Grace 7. Aunt Sarah and Grace making silly faces 8. Breeny and Mommy 9. Benson trying to fly off the bridge

I brought some Gymboree bubbles for entertainment, which incidentally are the best bubbles EVER. I highly recommend them. I seriously filled the whole two-story room with tiny bubbles. The girls had lots of fun playing with them. These pictures didn't turn out as well as I had hoped, but they are still really cute even if they are a little blurry.
And the evening wouldn't have been complete without a picture of the kids getting tossed up in the air by their Daddy and uncles. Sabrina was obviously not feeling it this time, but we made her do it anyway. What mean parents we are!
Mike says I shouldn't post this video, but I think it's funny. It may hurt your ears though, no offense guys. This is what my family does to unwind after a long day of wedding events.
Whew! So Matt and Chelsea are married and honeymooning in Mexico. We are now looking forward to their reception in Bartlesville over the 4th of July.
4 comments:
Jess as always wonderful job on the pictures. It was so fun to see how beautifully everything turned out. I loved how you styled Grace and Sabrina's hair. The hair band/bows were so pretty. I can't believe that Sabrina's hair is long enough to have little curls now! I have to admit though ...the picture where they toss the kids up in the air still scares me just a bit. I'm such a baby!
I love the new look of the blog! Your family looks like y'all have so much fun. Congrats to your sister!! (By the way--we'll be in B'Ville July 23-30 for Molly's wedding. Do you want to come to my parents on Monday the 28th to swim with your kiddos??)
That's a great hall! Always a wonderful place for a reception! Glad you guys had so much fun!!
We were in Utah just a week later for Alison's wedding. I know the drive... wish we would have thought about the DVD player at the reception. Our boys were running around wild. But yeah for weddings and being with family!
Post a Comment