Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Bartlesville Reception

Chelsea and Matt's reception was last Saturday night. That means we basically spent ALL day Saturday getting ready for it. Setting up tables and chairs, decorating them, making and decorating cakes, arranging flowers, etc. It was a pretty crazy party. There were lots of people and it was quite warm on Saturday. We were so busy that we basically didn't take any pictures, but Jessica South (the same person who took our family pictures at Christmas) was there taking pictures so hopefully when we get those there will be some good ones that I can post.
There were lots of great photo ops that I missed that I am still bummed about. so maybe I will give descriptions of the photos I wished I had taken. Like my mom and I trying to arrange flowers that looked as good as my SIL Emily's. My mom's were pretty good, but I was struggling. Or when Kathleen, Jenny, John, Emily, Mike, and I had to each carry a vase VERY full of water and beautifully arranged roses on our laps in the van. Or when Grace adorned Julianna's (Matt's little sister) Sleeping Beauty dress OVER her dress and walked very regally down the Ahlert's beautiful staircase. Or when my Uncle Ryan and sister Sarah told Benson to go jump in the pool and he almost did...fully clothed in his nice wedding attire. Or my brother John being the "Punch King". I don't even know how many batches of punch he made and how many cups he ladled punch into. Good times...too bad I didn't have the camera ready :(.
These were the only pictures we took, this was the bridge people walked over from the "parking lot" to the house.


1 comment:

Lovell Family said...

You guys look great! You all look so happy and healthy! We sure do miss you!