Benson is such a special kid. He has been blessed with so many strengths and talents. He loves learning and has such an incredible capacity to retain all of the information he takes in. Everything he says sounds smart. Just the other day he came out to breakfast and I asked him how he was feeling and after he snorted some major mucus he said "I just sucked the boogers up this nasal passage." Yum. He is a sweet and protective older brother and loves to be his dad's buddy. He has reminded us the last several days that he came first and is the oldest in our family. Oh how we love our Benson boy!

We have already had several celebrations for his birthday. Since this week is Spring Break and Friday was an Early Release Day, Grace and I brought cupcakes and Capri Sun's to Benson's class on Thursday afternoon. His latest interest is Space and the Solar System so I frosted the cupcakes black and put white stars all over them. I also made some Solar System Bingo cards and brought them for his class to play with m&m's as markers since we aren't doing a party this year. He loved it which made the crazy morning I had trying to get everything all ready while tending several other children worth it.


On Friday afternoon after school, Benson helped me make his Solar System Birthday cake. Then around dinner Grandpa Jeff, Grandma Stacey, and Aunt Sarah arrived to spend the night on their way out to Utah. We had sloppy joes and tater tots for dinner (Benson's request) and cake and ice cream. He opened his presents from Grace and Sabrina, Aunt Jenny, and Grandma and Grandpa gave him his new bike. His present from us this year is a trip to Kansas City to do some fun things. Actually we are going on little overnight trips for each of the kid's birthdays this year; we are hoping the memories will last longer than toys!

1 - Ben opening Grace and Sabrina's presents, 2 - The new bike, 3 - Shirts from Aunt Jenny (Thanks!), 4-6 - Grandpa and Benson playing with the Noise Putty the girls got for him. Notice in the first picture Benson is trying to get it from Grandpa but Grandpa's not giving it up. They had lots of fun making disgusting noises together.

And yes, we did include Pluto on our Solar System cake. We know it's not a planet anymore, but as Benson said "It's still a part of our Solar System." I couldn't argue with that.
Happy Birthday to our favorite 6 year old!
4 comments:
Happy Birthday to our favorite grandson!!! We hope you have a very special day today Benson. Enjoy your visit to the Dino Diner in Kansas city!
love the cake! you are so creative. happy birthday ben!!
Happy Bday Benson! I can't believe how old you are! Keep being a great older brother!!
I love your mini vacas with each of the kids- such a good idea... after awhile do they really need anything else? Love it, and your cake! :)
Post a Comment