Sunday, March 7, 2010

Tender Heart

I used to describe Sabrina as shy, but recently I've decided that describing her as tender hearted is a much more accurate description. Some examples:


Sabrina is now a Sunbeam at church and loves to be in Primary with Benson, Grace, and I each Sunday. Last month, Sabrina had the opportunity to give a talk. We had practiced with her and she was ready. Mike was going to help her but when they got over to the podium she started to get a little teary and say that she wanted Mommy to help her. By the time I got to the podium and handed Jillian to Mike so that I could help Sabrina she was bawling. I held her for a minute and tried to convince her that she could give the talk, but she insisted all she could do was hold the pictures. So I started giving the talk with her holding the pictures. A few pictures in I started whispering her the words and she was able to finish the talk and did a great job!


Sabrina is such a good helper with Jillian and loves her SO much! One Saturday recently I was at the grocery store with Grace and Benson, Sabrina, and Jilly were home with Mike. I had been gone for a while and Jillian was getting hungry. Mike gave Jilly to Sabrina to hold while he went to use the bathroom. By the time he got back to the girls, Jillian was screaming and Sabrina was inconsolable because Jillian was so upset and she couldn't help her. So sweet.


Sabrina is such a good helper. Her favorite chore to help with is folding laundry or "packing" as she likes to call it. Here she is with a stack of towels that she folded all by herself. She is always willing to run get whatever I might need for Jillian.

Sabrina's imagination and pretend play is constant and so fun to watch and participate in. Her most favorite thing to do recently is make food for me and have picnics. Here she is with one all set up, wearing the bunny ears and fairy wings.


We love Sabrina's sweet little voice; she has quite the vocabulary and it's especially fun to listen to her talk when she gets really excited because she can't seem to get the words out fast enough.
Right after Jillian was born, Sabrina had ear infections in both ears. We assumed the medicine she was given cleared them up but when I took her to the doctor again the second week of February she also had ear infections in both ears. I attributed her grouchiness and just being difficult from December - February to adjusting to the new baby, but I'm pretty sure her first round of ear infections never cleared up all the way. Poor thing. Since her second round of antibiotics she has seemed much happier, and for that we are grateful!

1 comment:

Just a thought... said...

Awhhh Sabrina ...what a sweetie! I would love to dust off my fairie wings and bunny ears and come to your tea party!!!