Friday, February 8, 2008

Daddy Daughter Dance

This is Mike. Yes, I'm actually going to post something. I know I never do, but I thought I'd make an exception. So tonight the girls and I went to our Stake's Daddy Daughter Dance and they loooved it. They were dancing fools. They had a lot of other activities there besides dancing which I thought they would like better, but it turned out that dancing was their favorite part. They had a disco ball and flashing lights which the girls liked to run around in, spinning in circles. Grace would sit on the floor and spin. She looked like she was trying to breakdance. She came and stood on my toes to dance, without me ever teaching her to do that. I'm sure she saw some other girl doing it. Breeny loved to dance with me, but she loved trying to keep up with all the other little girls there too.
When we first got there they got to pick out flowers that I pinned on their dresses. Then they admired themselves in 3 big mirrors they had set up in the hall. That was pretty cute. There was also a room where they had board games. We played Chutes and Ladders for a while and I had the girls laughing pretty hard in there. There was an area set up for coloring with papers and stickers and heart shaped hole punchers, so we did that for a while. I love my little girls. They're so sweet and lots of fun. I loved the activity. It was very well organized and well attended. I saw some dad's who looked bored out of their minds, which I think is a shame, and too bad for them. But I saw plenty of dad's who looked like they were genuinely enjoying spending time with their girls.
Unfortunately, most of the pictures I took are really bad, because of the low lights at the dance, but here's a few that made it:

Here we are, all ready to go

Soooo Pretty!

"You've sunk my...battleship?"

I know slides are fun, but you're supposed to want the ladders

Sabrina being initiated into the Sisters With Matching Dresses (SWMD) Club

Breeny dropping into the splits after an uproarious dance routine

After the dance we met up with Jess and Ben at Braum's for ice cream. They had gone to see "Alvin and the Chipmunks" at the theatre while we were gone. I think Ben had a good time too. That is to say he's been acting like a singing, dancing chipmunk a lot ever since.

Benson eating chocolate ice cream at Braum's after "Alvin and the Chipmunks"

Real men wear pink ties in ice cream parlors

No comments: