Monday, February 4, 2008

Dashing through the snow

I know, more snow pictures, I'm sure that all of you out there can hardly contain yourselves. But keep in mind that we have lived in California for the last 5 winters, and as such our children have really never seen snow until now. So snow is really exciting to us. Last Friday we went to Bartlesville because they got a lot more snow than we did and didn't have school. Plus Grandma and Grandpa have an awesome hill in their backyard and sleds and we don't. Aunt Sarah and I bundled up the kids again and had a great time sledding. Aunt Jenny and Grandma were noticeably absent from all the fun because Grandma had surgery last week and Aunt Jenny had her wisdom teeth taken out. We appreciate them putting up with us when they were feeling under the weather.

Ben, Sabrina, and Grace sledding down the hill (Aunt Sarah ran along beside them)

Benson sledding all by himself

Aunt Sarah was trying to pack the snow down to make the sleds go a little faster and Grace jumped on her back halfway down the hill

Benson ate so much snow that I thought I was going to be sick
Mommy and the girls sledding

Aunt Thawa - in Grace speak

Grace was by far the funniest through the whole adventure. She would STRUGGLE to walk part way up the hill and then she would just stand there yelling "Sarah! Sarah!" with her cute little lisp. Then Sarah would say "No Grace, I'm not carrying you" and Grace would continue to yell until I would go pick her up and take her up the hill just to keep her quiet. I love Grace very much, but she makes me HATE my own name and pretty much everyone elses names on a regular basis, she can be quite relentless.
So we had lots of fun in the snow last week. Today it got into the 80's.

No comments: