On Wednesday we went swimming and then I went to a bridal shower for my sister while Mike watched the kids. Then we all met up at my cousin Whitney's wedding reception at Thanksgiving Point. On Thursday we visited with Grandpa and Grandma Richards, went to Lagoon, attended a family barbecue with Matt's family at their cabin, and went swimming again. Chelsea and Matt got married on Friday, so the day was full of wedding events. Saturday we slept in, went shopping, saw Kung Fu Panda, and went out to dinner with my family that was still there. Then Sunday we hopped back in the car at 4:30am mountain time and arrived home at about 11:30pm! What a trip! We had lots of fun and no one wanted to come home! We enjoyed seeing many family members and friends, but as usual there were some we missed which is always a bummer! :( Maybe some day we will go to Utah and not be as busy, but I doubt it. The kids were seriously bored today and while I was looking through pictures of the trip Benson asked me if we could go back to Utah.
We must thank Grandpa Jeff and Grandma Stacey for providing much of the entertainment while we were there and all the aunts and uncles for playing with and having such fun with the kiddos! We can't wait to see everyone again!
Grace trying to blow out a sparkler at my cousin Whitney's wedding reception
Grandpa Jeff and the kiddos - I seriously took 20 pictures and this was the best one...yeah...
Benson and Grandpa Derrill
Grandma Colleen and the kids...2nd picture and they were all looking at the camera...it was amazing!

Lagoon - 1. Grace riding the bumper cars, she bawled until another little girl bumped her and then she just looked shocked, she didn't touch the steering wheel once after the ride started so she just went around and around in a circle 2. Grace and Ben riding the whales, Grace wasn't overly thrilled about this one either 3. Benson, Mommy, Grace, and Daddy on the Lady Bug ride...Grace basically screamed and cried the whole time...even Mike and I both holding her hands didn't help...and everyone else had a good laugh 4. Grace and Sabrina snacking - the wagon was worth all $12 5. Daddy and Ben riding the Dinosaur Egg Drop - Benson loved every ride, especially the ones that made his tummy feel silly! 6. Grace and Sabrina driving a car - my dear sweet husband kept the kids so that I could go ride some of the roller coasters with my siblings, while I was gone he even got Sabrina on a few rides which I didn't think would happen. Thanks again honey! 7. Grace and Uncle Paul 8. Sabrina and Aunt Sarah 9. Uncle John had the girls cracking up after lunch!
Family picture on the Ferris Wheel, the only ride we all rode together

While we were at the pool, Sabrina decided she wanted to wear Aunt Sarah's shorts
Grace using her chopsticks at P.F. Chang's - she actually got it right a few times and enjoyed feeding Uncle John...we managed to make it out of the restaurant with only 1 broken chopstick, a miracle
The kids really enjoyed swimming in the hotel pool with all their aunts and uncles. Grace jumped in the pool to Uncle Paul about a billion times (which she had never done before) and Benson tried swimming sans floaties since we only had 2 pairs. I just want to give a shout out to my brothers for their awesome missionary tans (nope they are not wearing shirts)! Love you guys!
1 comment:
We totally missed you guys! You definitely had a full plate. Your sister looks great....you all do....I love her dress. We hope to see you on your next rendez vous in utah!
Post a Comment