Sunday, June 29, 2008

Post #102!

I wanted to recognize my 100th post which was 2 posts ago. I can't believe that it has been over a year since I started this blog. It is so fun going back and reading what was happening in our family a year ago. I am in love with blogging!

This week we have been recovering from our vacation. Benson and Grace have been sleeping in until 8:30am, which would be nice but Sabrina has still been getting up between 7 and 7:30am. Despite the humidity and heat we have still spent a fair amount of time outside this week.
One night after Mike got home from work we made peanut butter cup brownies which are the kids' favorite treat to help make these days. While I make up a brownie mix, I give the kids mini Reese's peanut butter cups to unwrap. Then I put the brownie mix in muffin cups and let the kids put a peanut butter cup in the middle of each one. It is easy to let them help with this one and they love it! We took our treats out on the patio to enjoy the new picnic table. You can see from the pictures that we also gave Benson his summer buzz cut this week.

Aunt Sarah and Grandma Stacey came to our house one day this week and Aunt Sarah went to the pool with us. We were going to go to the pool across the street, but when we got there they had kicked everybody out because someone had thrown up in the pool. Gotta love public pools, SICK! So we tried one of the other pools here in town and it was also pretty nice. Instead of the "crazy pool" they have a splash park.

And finally we tried out the new beach ball sprinkler that Grace got for her birthday. We also brought out the water guns which was a big hit!

Benson has been really into telling jokes lately, here's some of his best material.

1 comment:

Just a thought... said...

It's hard to remember what we did for entertainment before we had children and grand children. They're the best. Benson you are sooo funny! You had grandma rolling on the floor. Sara you are so sweet to help out. With little ones, the best thing ever is an extra pair of hands. Jess is lucky to have her sisters so close by.